The Foot Drop System XFT-2001 is a single channel, tilt or foot sensor switch controlled neuromuscular stimulator designed to correct dropped foot. Self-adhesive skin electrodes are placed on the side of the leg over a nerve called the common personal. Stimulation causes the foot to lift (dorsiflexion) and tilt slightly (eversion). Electrode positions can also be chosen that produces a reflex action, adding knee and hip flexion. Stimulation also can be timed to walking by using a pressure switch placed in the shoe under the heel. Stimulation begins when the heel is lifted from the ground and ends just after heel strike. Stimulation causes the foot to lift and stabilizes the ankle when the foot is returned to the ground.
1.Switch tilt sensor and foot sensor combined.
2. Biphasic asymmetrical balanced wave brings a comfortable feeling to the patient.
3. With Gait Analyst Software, the clinician can read/analyze gait and set parameters through PC for the patient.
4. Intensity/ pulse width/ mode can be adjusted on the Stim. unit directly.
5. With 2 stim. Units (1 for left leg, 1 for right leg), 4 cuffs ( 2 for adult, 2 for pediatric) and 2 foot sensors,. .
6. Treat foot drop caused by stroke, traumatic brain injury, multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy or incomplete spinal cord injuries.
Regular use of the Foot Drop System XFT-2001 will give:
Improved ground clearance, Reduced tripping and falls,Reduced compensatory movements such as hip hitching or circumduction (swing the leg out sideways),Reduced effort of walking, Reduced spasticity in the calf and quadriceps muscle, Increased walking speed
Heel strike with eversion, Improves the position of the foot in weight bearing resulting in greater stability in stance , Greater walking range of mobility , Greater safety, confidence and independence while walking ,Long term therapeutic benefit resulting in improved unaided walking therapeutic benefit resulting in improved unaided walking .
MODEL No: XFT-2001